Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Role Reference No: UK/37/AQS
Location: Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
BCEGI UK has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding commercial team in Manchester.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will support all BCEGI activities, preferably, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the management of the contract cost reporting.
- Preparing cash flows for payments.
- Assisting in the preparation of accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
- Assisting with the preparation of sub-contract documentation.
- Preparing payment certificates for sub-contract work.
- Assisting with the valuation of variations.
- Assisting with the preparation of claims.
- Assisting with the preparation of interim application for payments.
- Assisting in the preparation of accurate monthly cost reports.
- Identifying potential risk and opportunities to the project commercial lead.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in Quantity Surveying
- Sound commercial and contractual knowledge, with advanced risk control skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Membership of relevant body.
- Awareness of the tendering process, JCT form of contract.
- Holds current CSCS card.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good team player, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
We are BCEGI UK, a subsidiary of Beijing Construction Engineering Group, an international investor and construction company specialising in bring projects to life. As a Top 225 global Contractor, we provide design-build, general contracting and purchasing with logistics.
BCEGI UK are committed to attracting local talent, bringing together a diverse team of highly experienced people who are key to making BCEGI a great place to work.