Role Reference No: UK/74/BC
Location: Northwest, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
- Car allowance
BCEGI UK has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Coordinator to join our expanding BIM Team in the Northwest. You will be based at our site offices in Manchester, but as part of your role, you will visit other sites.
The BIM coordinator will work closely with the project team to facilitate the implementation of BIM across BCEGI projects and establish the company BIM standards and documents to meet government BIM Level 2 requirements. This role reports to the BIM Manager.
The BIM coordinator will develop employer requirements into a project BIM strategy and BEP and maintain BIM on the project as agreed in the BEP and in accordance to PAS 1192-2.
With a flexible approach to supporting all BCEGI activities, preferably but not limited to:
- Develop company BIM policies, systems and standards.
- Understand and manage the adoption of UK standards such as BS 1192 and PAS 1192.
- Maintain the BIM knowledge database, lessons learned, techniques and distribute knowledge.
- Develop company training plan and organise training as required.
- Develop and maintain a design modelling capabilities database of relevant consultants, suppliers/subcontractors and team members.
- Maintain and expand company BIM content, documents and detail libraries.
- Evolve and manage the development of the BIM strategy and BEP in response to EIR.
- Review contracts and documents to ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Consolidate models and share the output to raise understanding of the design with the project team.
- Chair and minute project BIM coordination/review sessions.
- Coordinate the project teams and liaise with the design team, client and subcontractors to ensure successful delivery of the BIM requirements.
- Coordinate all BIM documentation (contracts, emails, file sharing etc.).
- In conjunction with the design team, assist with providing clash detection and visual walkthroughs by using BIM enabling the software.
- Establish robust quality control procedures to ensure that all models and datasets are accurate and that the level of information is fit for purpose.
- Participate in job layout driven by 3D model data.
- Work with the planning team to develop and generate 4D simulation requirements.
- Ability to manage an AutoCAD/Revit/Navisworks/Synchro software environment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in the use of Revit, Navisworks and other BIM related software
- Synchro experience would be an advantage
- Main contractor work experiences are preferable
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Good understanding of BS and EU standards
- Manage own workload and meet up the tight schedules