Role Reference No: UK/43/CO
Location: Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
BCEGI UK has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Officer to join our expanding Communications Team in Manchester.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Communications Manager in the arrangement of professional media relations, communications and stakeholder management, including organising and facilitating media and stakeholder events and responding to stakeholder and media enquiries.
As a Communications Officer, you will support all BCEGI activities, preferably, but not limited to:
- Responsibility for a portfolio of communications activities and projects, to engage a range of target audiences (internally/externally) to enhance the reputation of the company.
- Writing content for a variety of digital channels including the staff intranet, websites, email newsletters and social media as required.
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies.
- Locally coordinating intra-corporate company communication activities in the UK.
- Handling press queries, organising media interviews, writing and issuing press releases, compiling briefing notes and providing assistance in script / speech writing.
- Undertaking administrative tasks to support the smooth running of the department.
- Three years’ work experience within a Communications/PR role
- Educated to degree level within Marketing, PR or Business Management
- Excellent copywriter and proof reader
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with first rate influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (particularly MS word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Photoshop)
- The ability to interact with people at all levels within / external to the company
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel within the UK