Role Reference No: UK/38/CM
Location: Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
BCEGI UK has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Manager to join our expanding operations team in Manchester.
As a Construction Manager, you will support all BCEGI activities, preferably, but not limited to:
- Ensuring that BCEGI standards and procedures are met and followed at all times.
- Ensuring that HSE targets, KPIs are set and managed.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the HSE management system.
- Leading/reviewing accident investigations, carrying out periodic Safety and Environmental Tours, risk reviews and implementing safety improvement options.
- Ensuring that sufficient resources are allocated to the Works Section and that each has an appropriate level of ability.
- Setting targets and KPI’s in line with Project objectives and monitoring performance.
- Ensuring that site audits are undertaken and action is taken to implement improvements.
- Managing the implementation of systems and processes for a Right First Time approach.
- Overall ownership of Handover Documentation for Section.
- Setting targets and KPI’s in line with key outputs and monitoring performance, reporting Section Progress, driving lean initiatives and carrying out constructive analysis of the fully resourced programme.
- Monitoring/managing sub-contractor performance against KPIs.
- Ensuring production of operational target programmes to reflect overall construction programme.
- Chairing weekly team leader meetings to review strategic performance on site, reporting progress and reasons for difference within Project Review meetings.
- Liaising with off-site functions for knowledge sharing and best practice.
- Identifying longer term strategic training to support individual development as required.
- Setting and aligning targets and KPI’s in line with budget forecast, overseeing the preparation of a cost plan and managing cost v value, through to leading weekly cost meetings and identification and action regarding improvement areas.
- Managing the procurement of subcontractors and advising on commercial aspects / preferred attendances and operational risks to the scheme and mitigation options.
- Producing the risk schedule for Section, reviewing and updating.
- Take overall responsibility for the successful completion of the construction programme, meeting or exceeding all contractual obligations.
- Monitoring delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities and working with key stakeholders to optimise project delivery.
- Assess the ‘buildability’ of the proposed design, and ensuring that Design teams produce feasible designs within the required timescales.
- Leading the delivery of construction works, ensuring compliance with all company processes and protocols.
- Managing and developing the supervisory and engineering team, and leading project steering groups/cross discipline action groups, as required.
- Demonstrate good construction management experience preferably in residential projects.
- Can demonstrate experience of managing a team.
- Has a proven track record in delivering high value projects to the correct standard within time scales and budgets.
- Minimum of 10 years’ construction/contractor related experience.
- Top tier construction company experience.
- Sound commercial and contractual knowledge, with advanced risk control skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Membership of relevant body.
- Holds current CSCS card.
- First aid trained.