Role Reference No: UK/68/HRO
Location: Northwest, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Fixed Term Maternity Cover, until April 2019
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
BCEGI UK has an exciting opportunity for a HR Officer to join our expanding HR Team in the Northwest. You will be based at our head offices in Manchester, but as part of your role you will visit other sites. This opportunity is Fixed Term Maternity Cover, to ensure the day-to-day HR and recruitment workload is effectively managed.
As part of a small HR Team you will work closely together to provide an efficient and effective HR service for employees across the business, working flexibly across your areas of responsibility, particularly in periods of absence and/or peaks in workflow. Excellent communication skills are key, with the ability to establish quality relationships with key stakeholders, including external providers, management and staff.
You will be methodical and well organised, with the ability to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities. As a representative of the HR Team, your excellent communication skills and ability to remain calm and reliable under pressure and challenge are essential to this role.
With a flexible approach to supporting all BCEGI activities, preferably but not limited to:
- Coordinating meetings, interviews and parking with the Admin Team
- Maintaining a detailed and up-to-date level of HR practices as well as an excellent knowledge of employment law and employee relations
- Advising managers and employees on HR policies, processes, employment legislation etc.
- Assisting with a full range of HR tasks throughout the employee lifecycle, such as:
- Recruitment across the business – advertising, reviewing CV’s, shortlisting, communicating with candidates, liaising with hiring managers, interviewing and ensuring the process is managed fairly, consistently and timely
- Producing and reviewing Role Profiles and storing them correctly for all current and future roles within the business
- Along with the current HR Officer, be responsible for all associated administration and coordination for starters and leavers including interviews, creating new starter files, acknowledging receipt of resignation letters, exit interviews etc.
- Logging of sickness and absence whilst ensuring the absence management procedure is followed
- Ensuring all HR documents and databases (including employee files) are accurate, regularly reviewed, updated and filed away correctly – this includes employee personal details, change of job titles, reports, amending records etc.
- Assisting with preparation of the monthly attendance report for HQ, as necessary
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Right to work audits
- Preparing the monthly HR Updates and Leave Data for Payroll
- Undertaking HR projects relating to employee performance management, employee engagement and organisational development – producing and analysing data to establish action plans which will build and sustain a positive culture of high performance across the business
- Experience of the full range of HR tasks through the employee lifecycle (such as recruitment: including shortlisting, interviewing and processing appointments, day-to-day queries, holiday and absence management and employee relations – grievances, disciplinary etc) ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Has good knowledge of all HR practices as well as an excellent knowledge of employment law and employee relations
- Full or part CIPD qualified with experience as a HR generalist who can turn their hand to the full range of HR responsibilities (desirable qualification)
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint etc.), ability to use Photoshop/similar software would be an advantage
- Able to communicate confidently whilst assisting and providing advice to a range of people including managers and colleagues
- Methodical and well organised – able to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive and uses initiative
- Commercial awareness
- Team player
- Experience inducting new starters
- Used to dealing with sensitive data
- Able to demonstrate success with people management initiatives
- Good understanding of the business environment
- Able to build effective working relationships
- Knowledge of training
- Knowledge of HR databases
- Efficient, professional approach
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Capability of thinking creatively about solutions to issues