Quantity Surveyor UK/35/QS
Role Reference No: UK/35/QS
Location: Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
BCEGI UK has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding commercial team in Manchester.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will support all BCEGI activities, preferably, but not limited to:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial and contractual practices within a project ensuring:
- Timely and accurate applications for payment compliant with the contract, Housing.
- Grants Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 if appropriate.
- Stringent Cash Management and Forecasting.
- Maintaining Risk Management processes and procedures.
- Ensure proper and timely notification of Contract or Insurance events.
- Contractual correspondence.
- Preparing accurate and prudent cost /value analysis.
- Budget preparation.
- Approving Interim and Final account measurement.
- Approving Pricing and Rating variations.
- Obtaining appropriate Extension of Time.
- Management, interim and final account agreement of sub-contracts.
- Good quality and accurate records are kept.
- Drafting Claims (where appropriate) for approval prior to submission.
- Maintenance of cost control systems for demonstration to clients (where required).
- To produce Project Procurement Strategy Documentation.
- To produce Project Value Enhancement Plans.
- To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the effective organisation of everyone within the commercial activity on the project.
- To assist in the provision of a commercial appraisal of a project for external audit purposes.
- Accountable for specific areas of responsibility and deliverables and manages the associated risks.
- Delivers activities to support operational objectives for their specific contract, project or specialism.
- Inputs to planning activities with horizons of typically 6 months to one year.
- Operates within agreed operational and/or management guidelines.
- Interacts with client or users around specific work efforts and deliverables.
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards.
- Manages the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility.
- Focus of work is predominantly against defined targets but performs a range of tasks from complex to straightforward.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in Quantity Surveying.
- Sound commercial and contractual knowledge, with advanced risk control skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Membership of relevant body.
- Awareness of the tendering process, JCT form of contract.
- Holds current CSCS card.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good team player, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
We are BCEGI UK, a subsidiary of Beijing Construction Engineering Group, an international investor and construction company specialising in bring projects to life. As a Top 225 global Contractor, we provide design-build, general contracting and purchasing with logistics.
BCEGI UK are committed to attracting local talent, bringing together a diverse team of highly experienced people who are key to making BCEGI a great place to work.