Role Reference No: UK/42/SHEQA
Location: Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
BCEGI UK has an exciting opportunity for a SHEQ Advisor to join our expanding SHEQ team in Manchester.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the SHEQ Advisor shall ensure that identified health, safety, environment, requirements are implemented by appropriate personnel and contractors in project work areas.
As a SHEQ Advisor, you will support all BCEGI activities, preferably, but not limited to:
- Assist the project team production of risk assessment and providing guidance and support.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
- Ensure regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation and the company IMS by conducting regular site HSE tours with members of the project team.
- Assist in preparing health, safety and environmental strategies and support in developing internal policy.
- Assist in-house training with managers and employees about health, safety and environmental issues and risks.
- Ensure records of inspection findings and reports that suggest improvements are closed out in a timely manner.
- Record incidents and accidents for production of statistics for managers.
- Keep up-to-date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the construction industry.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, occupational diseases and environmental issues.
- Ensure the regime of meetings as outlined in the project health and safety plan with contractors is complied with at all times to ensure effective consultation and communication.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a construction environment
- NEBOSH construction certificate
- Tech IOSH minimum but ideally Grad IOSH and maintaining CPD programme with IOSH
- Environmental qualification e.g. Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (IEMA)
- Studying for NEBOSH safety diploma advantageous
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite to include day to day experience of excel sheets, excellent report writing skills and document management experience
- Accuracy and attention to details
- The ability to interact with people at all levels within / external to the company
- Must have access to transport to, from and during work
- Effective communications skills both written and verbal
- Must have right to work in the UK