Role Reference No: UK/41/SHEQM
Location: Manchester, UK
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
We are looking for an experienced SHEQ Manager to join the SHEQ team.
The SHEQ Manager will report into the HSE Manager and oversee the safety, health, environmental and quality assurance side of the project. He / she will supervise and coordinate work systems to ensure that the products or services of the Company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions of the Company are favourable and safe.
Duties / Responsibilities
Day to Day operations:
To lead, develop and maintain site SHEQ management programmes and systems in written format and recording and through face to face contact communication and team briefings. To support lone management in delivering Site SHEQ objectives.
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with lines management for the continuous improvement of the Sites SHEQ management programme and systems.
- Advises line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ related legislation, rules and Company Standards to include fire prevention, environmental awareness, health and safety awareness training, site audits and inspection of Company and contractors.
- To complete prevention audits and inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained centrally.
- To investigate accidents / incidents and near misses as and when necessary, also ensure all documentation is managed centrally.
- To develop a monthly SHEQ Communication Strategy for site at all levels of staff, to include written communication, tool box talks and management briefs.
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for external SHEQ audits on site.
- Liaison with the HR and Compliance Departments for initiating and coordinating the training plan for site.
- To assist in working towards the attainment of external accreditations.
- Monitor all SHEQ documentation on site.
- Prepare a monthly report for the Compliance Lead on SHEQ performance on site.
- Assist with tender/submission documentation.
All site personnel, including front line and management staff and contractors, internal / external auditors and regulatory bodies.
Experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Full working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including day-to-day experience of excel sheets, excellent report writing skills and document management experience
- CSCS card
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Environmental Management Systems Qualifications
- General Management Qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in a SHEQ Management role, in a similar construction/contractor environment
Disposition (required critical behaviors):
- Able to demonstrate results delivery
- Partnership building (internal and external)
- Influencing skills
- Excellent information sharing ability at all levels
- Visible SHEQ values
- Improvement drive
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Able to Embrace and drive change
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- The ability to interact with people at all levels within / external to the company
- The ability to self-prioritize workload
- Must have access to transport to, from and during work.