Role Reference No: UK/87/HR Assistant
UK Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Fixed Term
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare Vouchers
We are BCEGI Construction (UK) Ltd, a subsidiary of Beijing Construction Engineering Group, an international investor and construction company specialising in bringing projects to life. As a Top 225 global contractor, we provide design-build, general contracting and purchasing with logistics.
BCEGI UK are committed to attracting local talent, bringing together a diverse team of highly experienced people who are key to making BCEGI a great place to work.
Purpose of the Role
Working as part of a small HR team you work closely together to provide an efficient and effective HR service for employees across the business. Your role involves supporting general employee relations issues that may arise – including absence management and time and attendance.
You work flexibly across your areas of responsibility, particularly in periods of absence and/or peaks in workflow. Excellent communication skills are key, with the ability to establish quality relationships with key stakeholders, including external providers, management and staff quickly.
You are methodical and well organised, with the ability to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities.
As a representative of the HR team, your excellent communication skills and ability to remain calm and reliable under pressure and challenge are essential to this role.
With a flexible approach to supporting all BCEGI activities, preferably but not limited to:
- Coordinating meetings, interviews and parking with the Admin Team
- Advising managers and employees on HR policies, processes, employment legislation etc.
- Assisting with a full range of HR tasks throughout the employee lifecycle, such as:
- Recruitment across the business – advertising, reviewing CV’s, shortlisting, communicating with candidates, liaising with hiring managers, interviewing and ensuring the process is managed fairly, consistently and timely
- Responsible for all associated administration and coordination for starters and leavers including interviews, creating new starter files, acknowledging receipt of resignation letters, exit interviews etc.
- Logging of sickness and absence whilst ensuring the absence management procedure is followed
- Ensuring all HR documents and databases (including employee files) are accurate, regularly reviewed, updated and filed away correctly – this includes employee personal details, change of job titles, reports, amending records etc.
- Assisting with preparation of the monthly attendance report for HQ, as necessary
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Right to work audits
- Preparing the monthly HR Updates and Leave Data for Payroll
- Day to day HR administration duties as and when required